Lash extensions used to be a trend reserved for the elite A-listers but no more. At Lash Pilot (Santa Monica) you can get your own customized gorgeous, volumized lashes today. While lash extensions may have started as a trend, they have become mainstream and are enjoyed by women of all ages. However, not all lashes are the same, nor are all lash salons. So, how to care For your lash extensions?
At Lash Pilot (Santa Monica) we will fit you with lashes that reflect your lifestyle and personality and provide you with guidelines on how to care for your lash extensions at home. We have the highest safety and hygiene protocols to ensure a safe and comfortable experience but without proper lash extension aftercare they will not last.
How many of you have damaged natural lashes or extensions that cause itchiness and discomfort? Our expertly trained stylist team at Lash Pilot ensures your extensions feel right, light, and natural.
Why Get Lash Extensions?
There are many reasons why someone might choose to get lash extensions, including:
- Convenience: Lash extensions eliminate the need for daily mascara application, which can be time-consuming, costly, and messy. No raccoon eyes with extensions!
- Enhance your natural lashes: Lash extensions can add length, thickness, and curl to your natural lashes, making them appear fuller and more voluminous.
- Boost confidence: Lash extensions can enhance your natural beauty and make you feel more confident and beautiful.
- Special events: Lash extensions are a great option for special occasions like weddings, proms, or other events where you want to look fabulous.
If you do get lash extensions, remember that they are an investment and lash extension aftercare is essential.
How to Care for Your Lash Extensions: Lash Care Tips from the Pros
If you have recently gotten lash extensions, you know that lash extension aftercare is a must to ensure the extensions last and look their best.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to take care of your lash extensions:
- Avoid getting your lash extensions wet for the first 24-48 hours after application. This will allow the adhesive to fully set and prevent the lashes from falling out prematurely.
- While washing your face, turn your head onto 1 side, cup your eyes with your palm on one hand while the other washes your forehead.
- During your shower avoid water splashing onto your face by turning your head away from the shower head.
- While washing your hair, tip your head backwards while rinsing. Wrap one palm around the hairline to create a barrier and avoid water splashing over your face.
- Crying and tears- a normal amount will not harm your lashes however; a long crying spell may cause your extensions to loosen and fall out. You may need to come in sooner for your refill in this case.
- Avoid steam, saunas, and hot showers for the first 48 hours after application. The heat and steam can weaken the adhesive and cause the lashes to fall out.
- Avoid rubbing or pulling at your lash extensions. This can cause them to fall out or become damaged.
- Use an oil-free makeup remover and avoid oil-based products around your eyes. Oil can break down the adhesive and cause the lashes to fall out prematurely. Do not use your fingertips to rub the lashes, use a lash brush instead.
- Brush your dry lash extensions daily with a clean spoolie brush. This will help to keep them looking neat and prevent tangling.
- Avoid sleeping on your face or rubbing your eyes while sleeping. This can cause the lashes to become misaligned or fall out. We recommend wearing an eye mask while sleeping to protect the lashes fully.
- Schedule touch-up appointments every 2-3 weeks to maintain the fullness and length of your lash extensions. Lash extensions can last up to 5-6 weeks, before they all fall out. If you are having lash extensions for a special event we recommend having them professionally removed after 3-4 weeks. If you want your lashes to look freshly done, we recommend you refill every 2-3 weeks.
- Be gentle when washing your face and avoid using harsh cleansers or exfoliants around your eyes.
- Avoid using mascara on your lash extensions, as this can cause them to become clumpy and may shorten their lifespan. Even the mascaras labeled for use with extensions will damage them when you try to remove it. If you still need more volume, simply ask your stylist for a hybrid Russian or Russian volume upgrade.
- If you wear sunglasses or reading glasses, the extensions flutter against the lenses every single time you blink. Typically, size 10C and shorter should be safe. To be sure, bring your favorite pair of sunglasses to your initial appointment for maximum extension length measurement.
How to Dry Your Lash Extensions
Do not use any kind of towel. The lint may get in your eyes and force you to rub your eyes, damaging your extensions or they may get stuck to the extensions themselves. Place a lint-free napkin right underneath the extension and let the napkin absorb water by itself, or by blinking. Place the napkin on top of the extension if needed but don’t press the napkin onto the extension.
Lash extensions can make you feel beautiful and more confident and by following these simple steps on how to care for your lash extensions, you can help to keep your lash extensions looking beautiful and ensure they last as long as possible.
Checkout our short video below: